TGIF. Grab some basil from your Rise Garden and some fresh strawberries to whip up a strawberry basil margarita to celebrate the end of another week and the beginning of spring. With a Rise Garden, you can easily source fresh ingredients all year round so you never have to go without your favorite cocktails and recipes!
Strawberry Basil Margarita
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries (about 8-10 strawberries if growing with our seedless pods)
- 1/2 cup blanco tequila
- 1.5 oz Cointreau
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 basil leaves, chiffonaded
- 1/3 cup Kosher salt, for rim
- Step One: Add strawberries, tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and honey to a blender and blend until the strawberries are pulverized.
- Step Two: Chiffonade the basil and then do a quick rough chop of the basil to make it smaller. Add to the cocktail shaker and muddle to produce the oils and brighten the flavor of the basil.
- Step Three: Pour the blended margarita ingredients into the shaker and stir.
- Step Four: Pour 1/3 cup of salt onto a small plate. Use a lime wedge around the rims of the glasses. Dip the glass top into the salt and add 2-3 ice cubes. Pour in the margaritas and serve.