Stovetop potpourri is an easy way to make your home smell like Christmas. Harvest some rosemary from your Garden and use this recipe for a beautiful seasonal scent this holiday season without the need for candles.
Stovetop Christmas Potpourri
- 1 cup fresh cranberries or pomegranates
- 1 orange
- 2 star anise
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean
- 2 small clippings of fresh rosemary
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- Step One: Cut orange into slices. Cut open the vanilla bean.
- Step Two: Add orange slices and vanilla bean along with the other ingredients to a large pot.
- Step Three: Add water to fill the pot to approximately 2/3 full.
- Step Four: Bring the pot to a gentle boil on medium heat, then reduce heat to a simmer. Enjoy!**
**You can enjoy for hours but keep an eye on the water level and add water as needed so that it does not evaporate completely.