Grilled guacamole? Yes! Grilling your veggies for guacamole gives the dip a delicious but light smoky flavor. Give it a try, you'll love it!
Grilled Fresh Guacamole
- Prep Time 15mins
- Cook Time 6mins
- Total Time 20mins
- Serves 4-6p
- 2 large ripe avocados, cut in half vertically, with seed removed
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 large shallot (or 2 small), halved
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Pinch of cumin
- Step 1: Fire up your grill on medium-high heat.
- Step 2: Toss all the veggies and avocados (minus cilantro) with olive oil in a bowl.
- Step 3: At the grill, place the avocados flesh side down and add the veggies to the grill. Grill for 2-3 minutes or until there are grill marks on one side. Remove and let cool.
- Step 4: Remove the skin of the avocados and place in a medium bowl. Using a fork, roughly mash the avocado leaving chunky bits. Dice the jalapeno, shallot, and tomatoes then add to the bowl with the avocados. Add lime juice, salt, cilantro and cumin. Mix and taste. Add more salt or cumin to taste. Serve with chips!