Easily eat the rainbow with this delicious and nutritious beet and tomato salad recipe.
Beet Tomato and Cilantro Salad
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 small roasted Chioggia and/or Golden Beets
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Step One: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Scrub beets and seal in foil. Roast on a baking sheet for about 1 hr 15 mins or until tender. Remove and let cool.
- Step Two: Rub beets with a towel to remove skins and then thinly slice and add to platter or bowl.
- Step Three: Halve cherry tomatoes and add to the platter.
- Step Four: In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad.
- Step Five: Sprinkle feta and sunflower seeds on top. Top with fresh cilantro and serve!