Whether you are looking for a delicious, easy dinner recipe or a healthy appetizer idea, these Asian-inspired turkey lettuce cups are perfect. With fresh ingredients from your Rise Garden, you can easily whip up this recipe in less than 30 minutes.
Asian-Inspired Turkey Lettuce Cups
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 20 mins
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp red bunching chives, finely chopped
- 1 head of romaine lettuce or butter crunch lettuce, leaves separated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt + Pepper, to taste
- Carrots, shredded
- Step One: Heat a skillet with olive oil on medium heat.
- Step Two: Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in garlic and ginger and stir for another 2 mins. Add the ground turkey, season with salt and pepper to taste (a couple pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper is a great place to start), and cook until the meat is fully cooked.
- Step Three: Lower the heat to medium-low heat. Add sauce ingredients: hoisin, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, and sesame oil to the skillet and stir together. Add in red bunching onions.
- Step Four: Let it cook for 2 minutes and it’s ready to be served with butter lettuce cups.
Serve the mixture over the lettuce cups. Add in optional toppings and serve!